An Autism Connection

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Budding Blog Linky, my first linky ever

Let's see if this works. It is a linky party for bloggers with less than 200 followers, which is definitely me, lol.

This linky is hosted by I (heart) Recess, and I  have already found a few new blogs I will be following for ideas and inspiration.

Then I am to answer the following questions.

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
3. Describe your teaching style.
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)

So, here goes:
1. Why blog? When I got my new position, I turned to the internet for research about Autism and best practices, and stumbled upon a few teacher's blogs that just blew me away with their ideas, their free materials,their willingness to help another teacher, and their dedication to their field. I hope that someday I can be that inspiration for another teacher.

2. I love science and health. I was a nurse for a brief while so I have always been interested in the medical field, particularly public health. It is amazing what students DON'T know about their bodies and how it works. And science is so much fun with experiments and hands on activities.

3. I am firm and have lots of structure, because I have found that my students thrive in this kind of environment. I am a strong advocate for my students and my students know I care about them. 

4. I was born in Norway and feel a strong empathy for students from other cultures as a result. I found my true love through Match.com 3 years ago and we just bought a house together (we closed last week and it's my first!!). I have 2 grown children, 3 big dog children, and 1 cat child. Not sure that any of that is interesting to other people, though, lol.

5. Not yet, but am an avid TPT shopper. Once I am up and a little more organized with my room, I hope to post a few items. In the meantime  I will try to post some freebies on my blog if I can figure out how to do it.


6 comments:

  1. Your interesting facts about yourself are very interesting! How old were you when you moved from Norway? Congrats on your new house also!
    Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I found you through the budding blog link up. I'm SpEd myself, K-5.
    Good luck with your move and everything else that goes on with a new home...it never ever ends.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought number 5 was funny because I pretty much wrote the same thing! It is very interesting that you are from Norway and our family make ups make us more real-pets more so than children (JK)! I try to add any special education teachers to my blog so I will be grabbing your button. Thanks for sharing with your newest follower, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I found you through The Bender Bunch special education linky. It's nice to have found so many special education teachers!! I am a new follower on here and on Pinterest!

    ~Tasha
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your nice comments!!

    ReplyDelete