Let's see if this works. It is a linky party for bloggers with less than 200 followers, which is definitely me, lol.
This linky is hosted by I (heart) Recess, and I have already found a few new blogs I will be following for ideas and inspiration.
Then I am to answer the following questions.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
3. Describe your teaching style.
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
So, here goes:
1. Why blog? When I got my new position, I turned to the internet for research about Autism and best practices, and stumbled upon a few teacher's blogs that just blew me away with their ideas, their free materials,their willingness to help another teacher, and their dedication to their field. I hope that someday I can be that inspiration for another teacher.
2. I love science and health. I was a nurse for a brief while so I have always been interested in the medical field, particularly public health. It is amazing what students DON'T know about their bodies and how it works. And science is so much fun with experiments and hands on activities.
3. I am firm and have lots of structure, because I have found that my students thrive in this kind of environment. I am a strong advocate for my students and my students know I care about them.
4. I was born in Norway and feel a strong empathy for students from other cultures as a result. I found my true love through Match.com 3 years ago and we just bought a house together (we closed last week and it's my first!!). I have 2 grown children, 3 big dog children, and 1 cat child. Not sure that any of that is interesting to other people, though, lol.
5. Not yet, but am an avid TPT shopper. Once I am up and a little more organized with my room, I hope to post a few items. In the meantime I will try to post some freebies on my blog if I can figure out how to do it.