As for prepping for the new program in the fall, I finally got a color printer, and Boardmaker Studio, so I can start making some visuals to go along with the work tasks I have managed to put together. I haven't used Boardmaker in a few years and it has changed. I am not a natural with technology and this, too, will be a huge learning curve for me. I was playing around with it yesterday and made a few sorting tasks. But I tried to make a book and got totally lost, sigh. I will keep plugging along and I am certain I will figure it out. I have also put together a tentative schedule of my week for next year but it will probably change a little as we get closer to school starting in the fall. Once I figure out how to show a document here on my blog, I will post that, too.
In the meantime, here are a few work tasks I have put together. I don't yet have the visuals or jigs, but will get to those in the next few days, I hope. I have a lot more to put together but need plastic bins and Tupperware and plastic bags. I still have no access to funding but when I put in for reimbursement, it is always approved, so thank goodness for that!! Anyway, here they are.
Match the toothbrush with the correct top
This is a nail care packaging activity. I will have a jig for this one and they are to put the items in a bag.
Screw the 2 pieces together and insert the longer pipe into the end. Great fine motor skill.
Put cd in case. I am also going to make a cd cover so they would have to insert that as well.
Match the colors to the jig and put them in a baggie.
Match socks and fold them together
Insert the batteries the right way, screw on top and turn on to make sure it works.
And finally, match coin words, to actual coin, to written money notation, and then place in envelope.