An Autism Connection

Saturday, June 22, 2013

quick post check in

Just a quick check in. Our endless move from H-E- double hockeysticks is finally over. We have been in our new house for almost 3 weeks and we are not even close to being unpacked. I got slammed hard with end of the year stuff at work, and I am still working even though our last day was this past Monday. I am purging everything!!!!!! I should have some before pictures to share so you can see the transformation as it progresses.  I hope to have everything cleaned up and packed by this next Wednesday and then concentrate on the house and on relaxing before gearing up for next year. Starting this new program is consuming all of my thoughts these days and I want to be able to let it go for the month of July. We'll see how that goes.

The district finally approved money for my new classroom and I put in my orders, as did the therapists I will be working with next year. I am crossing my fingers that they follow through with everything. I ordered the Unique Learning System as well as the News-2-you newpaper. If you haven't checked this out before, they currently are offering their summer units free as a download, and it's all about baseball. I will be using this curriculum for teaching Science and Social studies. I will also be using News-2-you as part of our morning group. I also got Edmark reading, and tons of great stuff from Lakeshore, as well as a slew of other places. I am hoping that it will all be there when I go in in August to re-arrange my room and set up my centers/schedules. It drives me crazy to have to wait on other entities in order to do my job. But that is the way life is and I just have to suck it up.

One final thing. Since google connect is ending July 1, I have switched all of my blogs over to Bloglovin.com. I am also claiming my own blog in this process, so that is what this paragraph is all about: <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8615251/?claim=83agcaapu49">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>.

I am off to garden. Our new place has 3 acres, half of which are wooded and half pasture, and we are trying to clean and spruce things up a bit.We need to take advantage of the sun when we get it and it promises to be a great weekend. We also plan to get a veggie garden in this weekend. We are starting small since we are getting such a late start. Pictures to come later. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Will all the work you have on your to-do list, you'll find your summer will FLY by. Be sure to pencil in plenty of R.E.S.T! :-)

    Thanks for following me again with Bloglovin'. Do you know if we'll be able to see our followers on our blog once Google Connect is no more? I'll miss that if not.

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the Unique learning at my work too! How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not used it yet but I checked out the baseball unit this summer and I love it. I plan to use it for my science and social studies curriculum. I looked at the curriculum my school has for both subjects for all 3 grade levels and it aligns fairly well. With me teaching every subject, I love how there are lessons already prepared (with the exception of some put together kind of work)and paced. I will probably do some posts on this down the road once I become familiar with it.

      Delete