An Autism Connection

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Winding down + freebie

I am sooooo ready for summer break!

We still have 17 teaching days left, though, so it'll be awhile yet. I have a few goals for the end of the school year. Here's a couple. More to come later.



1. For the first time ever, I plan to be out of there on the last teaching day. That has never happened before in all the years I have taught. But this year I am doing it because I am BURNED OUT, lol. No foolin'! I need up outta there as soon as possible!! So, to make it happen, I am cleaning/organizing/packing either 1 box, 1 shelf, or 1 pile every day. Room's looking better already. The one thing that might hold me up are my duties as a new Co-Chair  of our SpEd. Dept. But it doesn't pay enough for me to stay later so they better bring whatever it is soooon, or it will have to wait until the end of August. I am not joking!


2. I am also working on my units for the beginning of the school year. I adapted this book from tarheel reader and added some icons to match the pages. Here's one book, but there will be a few others as well in the next few days. I'll post them as soon as I'm finished. Naturally, I did desserts first, but the healthy stuff is coming.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Jannike, I like your dessert book, made me want to go eat something sweet! I hope your last days go fast, I did the same thing this year, I was packed for summer school on time, no last minute running! I checked out on the last work day with time to spare. take care, Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the book. I hope you have a wonderful summer and get some time to relax before you start summer school! Looking forward to hearing about all of your summer happenings!

      Delete
  2. I hope you make it out on the last day! We have to turn in our classroom key by 1:00 the last day of school which gives us no option but to be ready. I kind of like it because knowing the procrastinator I am, I would be back the following week to finish things up! Hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out our last student day is also the last teacher day, so I have no choice but to turn over my keys by the time our custodian leaves. I, too, am a procrastinator, so I am hoping this will work for me as well. I hope you also have a great summer!

      Delete
  3. That looks like some pretty healthy dessert there. I ate chocolate ice cream for breakfast today...watermelon would have probably been more appropriate. Maybe I should take your nutrition class! :)

    Good luck finishing out the year! You can do it!!!

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, you deserve it on your first day of summer break. The funny thing is that I don't eat a lot of sweets, bread and butter are my downfall. There are a couple of other "healthier" books coming as soon as I have a minute to complete them.

      There are exactly 10 very hectic teaching days left. The next few days will see grading, frantic packing, many end of year activities and total chaos, the usual end of the year stuff, as well as a few fires to put out before I get my break. The kids got their yearbooks today and only one of my students actually made it into the yearbook (because he is in an inclusion homeroom). My kids all got their pics taken, they got school IDs, and we have no idea what happened after that, but none of the others are in there. Total shock and disappointment. The principal is handling it so we'll see what happens.

      And on that note, I wish you a wonderful and relaxing summer!

      Delete
  4. Some years I wish I could stay an extra day or so i'm not so stressed, but fortunately/unfortunately they make us turn in our keys at 2:00 the last day of school! We can't go back until 2 week prior to the kids (when the secretaries return).

    ReplyDelete